Welcome to the Graffitiguard™ page
Graffitiguard™ is a stain- and graffiti-resistant formula specifically designed to coat porous silicate substrates such as sandstone, concrete, terracotta and clay. Once applied, a protective layer less than 100-nm thick (80,000 times thinner than a human hair) bonds with inner pores of the substrate to leave a smooth, anti-stain, non-discolouring surface layer.
The coating is breathable, optically clear, UV stable, chemically inert and extremely durable, having both hydrophobic and oleophobic capabilities. It will not peel or flake and is unaffected by extremes of temperatures from –20°C to +350°C.
Graffitiguard™ offers protection against:
- Embedded and ingrained soiling, mould or fungal growth
- Chemical attack
- Corrosion by salt
- Repeated graffiti vandalism – offering 10–15 cycles of colour removal before re-application
- Chemical attack including acrylic paint damage – allowing easy removal of solvent-based graffiti and solvent-free graffiti
- Damage from fat, grease and oil products
- Colour seepage into substrate
- Abrasion and frost damage.
Where the substrate is suitable, graffiti is removed by high pressure cleaner (max. 50–60 bar) and water at +90°C. On more sensitive surfaces or where hot water is unavailable, a commercial-quality, graffiti-removal paste can be used, followed by a final washdown with water.
- Brick or clay
- Roof tiles
- Building façades
- Bridges and tunnels
- Passenger facilities
- Precast concrete blocks, stonework, bricks and pavings
- Stone panel floor and wall coverings