Welcome to the Flexiguard™ page.
Flexiguard™ is a stain-resistant formula specifically designed to coat porous silicate substrates such as stone, concrete, terracotta and clay. Once applied, a protective layer less than 100-nm thick (80,000 times thinner than a human hair) bonds with inner pores of the substrate to leave a smooth, anti-stain, non-discolouring surface layer.
The coating is optically clear, UV stable, chemically inert and extremely durable, having both hydrophobic and oleophobic capabilities. It will not peel or flake and is unaffected by extremes of temperatures from –20°C to +350°C.
Flexiguard™ offers protection against:
- Embedded and ingrained soiling, mould or fungal growth
- Abrasion and frost damage
- Chemical attack, including oxide corrosion by acid rainwater, damage by alkaline run-off from construction materials such as cement, concrete and plaster, and from fat, grease and oil products
- Corrosion by salt and other climatic coastal and marine conditions.
- The existing surface quality is preserved, becoming highly water and grease repellent, and resistant to ingrained soiling, mould, fungal growth.
- Contaminates are unable to adhere to the surface.
- Cleaning becomes much easier and less frequent – typically required 50–70% less often – and withstands high-pressure cleaning (up to 50–60 Bar).
- The lifespan of the substrate is extended because of reduced cleaning cycles.
- The surface remains clean and will not discolour.
- Precast concrete blocks
- Brick or clay
- Slate, granite, marble
- Stone panel floor and wall coverings
- Building façades
- Roofing tiles